Reaching Higher is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping young people live healthier and happier lives. Our character-building leadership program inspires and prepares students to succeed and to reach their potential!
Our nine session program is designed to:
- Increase Self Confidence and Self Esteem
- Teach Goal Setting Strategies
- Strengthen Decision Making Abilities for School and Life
- Enhance Public Speaking and Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Learn Effective Stress and Coping Skills
How school benefits:
- Stronger academic achievement, impacts test scores, helps maintain or improve adequate yearly progress.
- Improves school attendance and keeps graduation rates high.
- Greater self-esteem, conflict resolution skills and social competence in students.
- Supports a Safe School Plan – reduces incidents of violence, bullying and harassment.
- Students have the ability to thrive in difficult and pressure situations.Provides ancillary support service to students that district cannot fund and/or provide.
- Fosters a more open, positive, equal and understanding environment where all students are free to learn.
- Enhance efforts to increase diversity awareness and appreciation within the school and community.
- Measurements in place to demonstrate program impact.